Caribou Migration and the State of their Habitat: Tłı̨chǫ Knowledge and Perspectives on ɂekwǫ̀ (Barrenland Caribou)
The decision to conduct this research came from the elders and the leadership through the Dogrib Renewable Resources Committee. They wanted to ensure that Tłı̨chǫ knowledge of ɂekwǫ̀ and their habitat was documented; to provide baseline information, to contribute to monitoring and management initiatives related to caribou and their habitat.
By Whàehdǫǫ̀ Nowo Kǫ̀, Dogrib Treaty 11 Council
Submitted to the West Kitikmeot Slave Study Society, March 2001
- Allice Legat, Principal Investigator and Research Director
- Georgina Chocolate, Caribou Researcher
- Bobby Gon, Caribou Researcher
- Sally Anne Zoe, GIS Administrator
- Madelaine Chocolate, Language Coordinator
October 2014: re-published by the Tłı̨chǫ Research and Training
Institute, with spelling updates for Tłı̨chǫ (Dogrib) terms.