Caribou Migration and the State of their Habitat: Tłı̨chǫ Knowledge and Perspectives on ɂekwǫ̀ (Barrenland Caribou)ǫ̀
The decision to conduct this research came from the elders and the leadership through the Dogrib Renewable Resources Committee2. They wanted to ensure that Tłįchǫ knowledge of ɂekwǫ 3 and their habitat was documented; to provide baseline information, to contribute to monitoring and management initiatives related to caribou and their habitat.
Submitted to the West Kitikmeot Slave Study Society, March 2001
- Allice Legat, Principal Investigator and Research Director
- Georgina Chocolate, Caribou Researcher
- Bobby Gon, Caribou Researcher
- Sally Anne Zoe, GIS Administrator
- Madelaine Chocolate, Language Coordinator
- October 2014: re-published by the Tłįchǫ Research and Training
- Institute, with spelling updates for Tłįchǫ (Dogrib) terms.